Thursday, October 14, 2010

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Last year I found a delicious recipe for Iced Pumpkin Cookies and decided to try them out on my coworkers. OH MY did they flip over them!! I introduced them to my family and needless to say, they are always requested. So this season, I decided to share this amazing recipe with my friends! ENJOY : )

For the Cookies

2 1/2 C of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C softened butter (I use earth balance)
1 1/2 C white sugar (I use natural sugar)
1 C pumpkin puree (I use 2 C to make them extra moist)
1 egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Glaze

2 C powdered sugar
3 tbsp milk (I use vanilla soy milk)
1 tbsp melted butter (I use earth balance)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degree

combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt into a medium mixing bowl.


Next, cream together 1/2 butter and sugar. Add pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla to butter mixture. Beat until creamy; then mix in dry ingredients.






After mixing the wet and dry ingredrients together, lightly grease a cookie sheet. Measure out approx 1 large tablespoon of the cookie mix (I use a large soup spoon) and put the dough on the baking sheet. Make sure the dough is in the shape of a round cookie : )





I usually fit about 12 cookies on a sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes until lightly browned.




After cooling the cookies on a rack, take the glaze and lightly (or more if you want!) drizzle over the cooled cookie. I usually make a mess of it and just coat the top.








ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

  1. Even though I LOVE pumpkin flavored things I never got around to making them last fall. I think I need to fix that this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy....I want some !!!! Sounds like they would go great with the coffee I'm drinking right now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica-
    I had to make these they sounded so good and they are! Thanks =)
    -Christina Grove

    ReplyDelete